“The future depends on what we do in the present.” — Mahatma Gandhi
The Bridges Initiatives are designed to help students and families transition from middle school to high school and then to college. The 8+9 Project and Cascades Commitment workgroups focus on accelerating student achievement in the transition points on that journey.
- Middle school students feel safe and welcome at their school
- 8th graders are math proficient
- 9th graders are on-track for high school graduation
- 9th graders regularly attend school
- 9th graders linked to mentor
- Youth remain connected with school during and after disciplinary action
- Students take 3+ college level courses before the end of high school
- Students are ready for college-level coursework
- Students persist from fall to fall in college
The 8+9 Project
The 8+9 Project support students in the transition from middle school to high school.